Friday, April 19, 2013

Color Dare #39 Outdoor Denim, Gypsy and Sky with a Mojo Monday #289

Welcome to a new Color My Heart Color Dare where we feature the fabulous Close To My Heart colors.  This week's colors are Outdoor Denim, Gypsy and Sky.  I love how these colors look together.  I made two cards to showcase these colors.



The first card was made with this week's Mojo Monday sketch #289.  The card base is Gypsy with a white dry embossed (Darice Butterfly Corner) panel sponged with Gypsy ink. The light blue (Sky CS) rectangle was also dry embossed (Cuttlebug Musical Flourish) and then sanded to expose the white core of the paper.  The focal point was stamped with the birthday stamp from Salutation Seals.  It was clear embossed onto White Daisy CS and then sponged with Outdoor Denim ink.  The Outdoor Denim mat was cut with the Artiste cartridge (page 32 3D object shift at 2.25").  The tiny butterfly is from Just Blooms (CTMH retired).  The small accents were cut with a regular hole puncher--first I embossed the Outdoor Denim paper with Polysparkle Tinsel (retired CTMH) embossing powder for a little sparkle.  Here is a close up of the first card:


I made the second card because I wanted to try out a new stamp set--Chantilly Workshop on the Go Scrapbooking kit stamps.  I also tried out a new Tim Holtz  embossing diffuser--a plate with a circle cut out which makes only part of the embossing folder raised.  The "Life is Good" sentiment (one of my favorite sayings) and "4 You" setiment are from one of my all time favorite CTMH stamp sets--Remarkable Wreath (retired). I used 3D Foam Tape to pop up the bottom banner.


Head on over to the Color Dare to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with!  They are a wonderful group of talented ladies.  We hope you can join us in the color challenge.  You may substitute a similar color if you do not have any of the challenge colors.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

6 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Wow...really love these. Really, really love these! I think they might be my all-time favorites of yours(so far).

sarahstone said...

Where to begin, Marie? On the first one, my favorite part is the sanding of the blue embossed cardstock, but I love the little punched circles, the heat-embossed sentiment, and the butterflies! On the second one, the colors kind of remind me of a cute outfit with a pair of jeans. It is so cool how your embossed polka dots are masked for the circle! It looks really good. I think I agree with Becca. These two are outstanding!

canadian_liner said...

I really like the second card--I've heard about those diffusers...really great effect with the raised embossing and all the texture created by the Chantilly WOTG stamps.

Pam said...

Fantastic cards. I really like what you did with the stamp sets and the colors this week. Very relaxing to view and enjoy.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

You have just introduced me to a new world of embossing! Uh, oh. ;) Remarkable Wreath is one of my forever faves. You combined the stamps so well! What is the trick to sponging on the embossed paper without getting it on the background? I am not having much luck. Thanks for any advice as your looks amazing, Marie! :)

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Thanks for your nice comment, Amie (and all). As far as the sponging goes--on the dry embossing butterfly background I swiped gently across the raised portion with a rounded sponge. You can also try cotton balls with chalk--which can be erased if you get it where you don't want it.
:) Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...